Thursday, January 2, 2014

Meeting Michelle


 Earlier this year, I applied for a spot in The Sling Diaries.  I was so surprised when I was chosen.  Finding out who the other moms were was so exciting for me.  It felt incredible to be included in such an amazing group of beautiful, dynamic mothers.  I was instantly drawn to one of them in particular.  Michelle was one of the coolest girls I had ever seen and I was desperate to be friends with her.  I almost died when she actually emailed me!
We wrote and wrote and wrote to each other, back and forth, until I felt like I knew her better then I knew myself.  The closeness I felt with her was absolutely delicious, especially since I'm not one who makes friends easily in real life.  
We always talked about wishing we could meet.  I felt like it would never happen.  Then she told me she would be here for New Years Eve!  
I cleaned the house from hall to hall and put fresh towels out and clean sheets.  Everything had to be perfect!  I was getting ready to meet soulmate!

And it was.  Perfect, I mean.  

We drank wine, ate pizza three nights in a row, chased shrieking babies, sat on the front porch and talked into the wee hours of the morning, rang in the new year together, drank pink champagne, giggled in front of the Christmas tree after the babies went to sleep, took baby wearing pictures while the boys hunted deer, watched the cutest nap ever happen, wandered the property with babies on our backs, and ate lots and lots of M&M's.
I wanted them to never leave--

But they did.  Just this morning.  I'm sad but happy they will be coming back in a few weeks, and even happier to have finally met my friend. 


(p.s. And in case you were wondering, yes, Odin is somehow even cuter in real life. I'm not sure how.) 

7 comments:

  1. gel these pictures are gorgeous!! i'm so happy you finally met michelle! it was really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are both so beautiful. I cannot get over the photo of the co-napping with your sweet babes. So darling! It's fun to see you both through eachothers eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 <3 thank you lovely! that nap was the most precious thing ever. we stood and stared at them almost the entire time! i think between us we must have 100 or so photos of it :)

      Delete
  3. dreamy dreamy dreamy. i have such a strong feeling of personal fulfillment knowing that i had something to do with the fated meeting of these kindered spirits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have so much gratitude for you, leigh! you gave me so much by putting me in the sling diaries, more than you could ever know! thank you for choosing me and allowing us to meet through you <3 I am forever indebted to you!

      Delete
  4. beautiful, angelica. each photo i could stare at for minutes on end ~ each one possesses something i want to feel at every moment. i am so curious how you come up with your angles for photographs and what camera you use! i have spent years of my life hiding from the camera because it brings out such deep sadness in me, so to see you photograph someone you just "met" so beautifully ~ that's a gift, my love. your pink hues slay me. sending you light and love, over and over again, friend. so wish i had a "you" much closer ~ would make my days infinitely brighter. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you got to meet! Kindred spirits are hard to come by - but when you do, there is no doubt that it is something to be treasured. Love the fotos of the nap - too precious. Besos

    ReplyDelete