Thursday, June 13, 2013

The Lake Last Night


Yesterday afternoon, I woke Rosalita up from her nap so we could meet my parents at the lake.  My mother made sandwiches and we brought a salad and the air outside was hot and perfect.  We glided along through the familiar watery roads and Ben suggested that we go see if some of our friends were on their houseboat.  As we were pulling into their tiny cove, we saw them in a canoe just off of their dock!  We  pulled in and everyone was so happy to see each other.  They gave us a tour of their amazing houseboat and we watched the bluegill swim up just below our feet.
After we said goodbye, we rode back through the water just as it was turning golden and the sunset was deepening into itself.  Rosalita slept on my mother's chest as the boat coasted into the setting sun.
  

4 comments:

  1. omg angelica how are these so beautiful!! these pictures are so amazing! i wish i were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sweet duckling fuzz of your daughter's hair. Looks like a beautiful afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be lake longing that I'm feeling... that sun. The water. I want to experience it someday this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. The photos and the mood and the story they create together. So happy to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete