Monday, April 22, 2013

The Sling Diaries, Vol. III: Inspiration


March was a cage.

April is a blessing.

Walking upon the brand new grass is like the lifting of gravity.  I tell Rosalita how soft it feels.  I whisper to her.  The newness of this budding green world makes me feel as though I should be still and silent.  Unfamiliar sounds seem to make the expansive grove blush and curl up into itself.

 Rosalita, my own tigerlily, is worn close to my face.  Our cheeks brush and a fiery spark of happiness dances in my throat.  I am imagining what it is like to see spring for the first time.  Brilliant, shining, marquee lights and the fluttering thrill that leads up to a cinema premiere comes to mind.

I want her to take it all in.  What else can she touch?  I place her tiny hand on the fresh, crisp linens hanging on the clothesline, the wiry feathers of a silkie rooster, the waxy, fragrant leaves of the huge magnolia tree.  Together, we watch the elegance unfold in a ruby red lily and take in the endlessly inspiring bouquet of a lilac tree for the first time in her life.

Spring jumps out in front of me, cradles my face in her hands, and I hope she will not let go.

I am wearing a Pure Linen Sling in Organic Maple, c/o Sakura Bloom

25 comments:

  1. Angelica these photos are absolutely breathtaking! I love everything about this post; you guys look gorgeous and also i love that sling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, those photos are just beautiful! The rest of us are going to have to step up our game for the sling diaries! ;) you've given me inspiration from this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, shannon! that means a lot to me, especially since i've been pretty nervous about going first! can't wait to see everyone else's posts!

      Delete
  3. Angelica, you and your daughter are breathtaking! Like Shannon said, you inspire! These are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you <3 i'm so happy you liked it!

      Delete
  4. I have goosebumps! These are stunning. You're both so unbelievably gorgeous and these photos really portray it! Not to mention, your words! I'm breathless. Much love, mama. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeee thank you! i'm really glad you liked it!

      Delete
  5. beautiful! Lovely start to the Sling Diaries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE THIS POST!!!! all the fresh linens are the perfect symbol for spring! Love, Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so gorgeous - her little face in the 5th picture down :) And how do you make hanging the laundry out look so glamorous? Amazing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, rachel! i truly appreciate your encouragement <3 i am excited to follow in your sling diary footsteps :)

      Delete
  8. Absolutely magic! Bravo to you lovely lady for such a gorgeous start to the sling diaries. Simply can not wait to follow your journey. Wishing you a beautiful week :) x
    Steph (fellow sling diaries Mumma)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. steph, you are too kind! i am thrilled that you liked it. i am ridiculously excited to see everyone else's posts!

      Delete
  9. Angelica, these photos are dreamy! What a LOVELY evening captured with your sweet little Rosalita. She's a beauty. And I can tell how much you adore her with your words...you wove magic with them! :) Excited to tag along with your Sakura Bloom Diaries and your family here on your blog. :)

    Xo
    Haley

    PS - came over from Instagram
    PPS - feeling major hair envy over here ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah! you are just too kind! i really appreciate you words, and i love the flower crown you made <3 thank you!

      Delete
  10. Just wonderful. Love this entry! I love the way you've started us off. Large format photos are such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And I love YOUR blog! I'm so glad you commented again. I'm not the most organized person online and had lost the link to it. Your photographs are beautiful, and I love the feel they give. So calming and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your photos!! BEAUTIFUL!!!! I checked out your blog where you have your videos.. awesome as well! question.. what video camera and software are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i use a sony nex and edit with fcpx :)

      Delete
  13. Thanks Angelica! I really enjoyed your blog.. made me happy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful! Mama, Mama's hair, and baby! Where did you get her sweet headband?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! my mom got it at forever 21 over a year ago but i just saw one very similar at target the other day! hope that helps :)

      Delete
  15. Sooo sooo beautiful, your blog has always taken my breath away and you have the most gorgeous baby girl, you always make me soo happy whenever I read your posts :) thankyou keep up the wonderful posts :)

    ReplyDelete