Sunday, February 17, 2013


I sing Rosalita portuguese lullabies.  Her eyelashes collect tiny specks of dust when she sleeps.  I reach out and quietly remove them, piece by piece.  I am reminded of when I was in the ninth grade and a girl walked over to me on the second day of school and asked if she could "pet my eyelashes". 
The days are floating by.  Things happen, whether I see them or not.  A few of our chickens died.  We haven't had animal casualties in a long time, so I am feeling sad about it.  
Ben turns 26 this week.  


11 comments:

  1. Baby eyelashes do the most magical things. I love when my son is in the bath and his eyelashes turn into little dewey stars. Rosalita is a beautiful baby and you are a beautiful mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dewey stars is a beautiful way to describe wet baby eyelashes, aren't they just lovely? thank you <3

      Delete
  2. As always, these pictures are so beautiful! I love the one of you and tigerlita! sad about the chickens :( but it's ok don't worry! also happy almost birthday ben!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are gorgeous! I had to scroll back up to the one of your baby in the sink, it was just too perfect.

    www.jbound.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and photos of your little baby! How sweet! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at BT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!
    lovely!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable..
    why is your husband sleeping with his glasses on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He fell asleep watching tv that night :-)

      Delete