Friday, January 11, 2013

Rosalita & Miette


I made Miette for Rosalita back when I was about 30 weeks pregnant, after being inspired by the beautiful works of Lieschen Mueller.  She was made from linen scraps of my wedding dress mock-up and a pink dress I made back in 2009.  I remember all the hours and days and weeks I spent just staring at Miette, wondering when my baby would come out and if she would ever love and play with Miette as I hoped she would.

Now, Miette sits at her diaper table and Rosalita smiles and coos at her while she's getting changed.  I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see that she likes her.

In other news, one of my idols, Caitlin Shearer, has come out with a miraculously beautiful baby clothes line!  This is a day that I never would have imagined happening, even in my dreams.  I am truly dying for the little pink Swan Party Dress for Rosalita.  It's so lovely I could just cry.

5 comments:

  1. Miette is the cutest! You did such a good job, I've been wanting to try and make my own every since I've seen them elsewhere. So sweet that Rosalita loves it, she is a mini Marion Cotillard with her dark hair and blue eyes. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is such a beautiful thing to say! thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOSH that dress is so adorable and so is rosalita!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww Miette is so sweet, handmade gifts are always cherished :) Such a beautiful baby you have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i cannot wait to see your beautiful baby!!!

      Delete