Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Farm daze.


Everything here is beautiful--
the foliage is the darkest shade of green that captures all the raindrops and holds onto them until they drip
drip
drip.
I never thought I would see things like chicken wire and cold metal fencing as romantic and kind and lovely, but I do. Goldie is my best friend. She follows me everywhere. Collecting her eggs is a beloved task. The ducks move and sway like white feathered ballerinas (never to part). The tiny roosters try their best to improve their puny crows and they are getting better, really-- they hardly have anything to be embarrassed about anymore.
One rooster perches in the door wreath.
I think he likes to peer inside.

I hope you had a very happy Christmas.

5 comments:

  1. Your ducks and chickens are absolutely wonderful. Collecting fresh eggs is really the best morning wake-up call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot tell you how happy this post makes me. I could read about your farming adventures all day long. Say hello to Goldie for me! And of course your heart-healing photographs: never less than perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a merry christmas too dearest.

    <3
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think one can find romance and loveliness in anything close to the heart - even if it is chicken wire. Goldie is a darling.
    Merry Christmas to you too, birdie.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the photo with the eggs - the patterns you (?) are wearing are so lovely! i'm going to follow!

    ReplyDelete