Sunday, March 13, 2011




I now have six baby chicks in my care.








Their feathers are so downy and soft and floaty and just lovely altogether-- they chirp and chirp as though they know they are singing the most beautiful songs in the world. I could never tire of hearing them sing. Some love being held, and some squeak and run from your hand as though you were a godzilla encroaching on their tiny town. Ben and I spent all day in the sun building their little coop, which I hope to paint all different shades of robin's egg blue. And, Ben is amazing. He is just amazing. I wanted to tell you, in case I hadn't before.


I am so happy to have something to take care of; that's really all I ever wanted.



9 comments:

  1. Angelica, you seem like the sweetest, gentlest, loveliest person. Your chickling adventures sound delightful. Love, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear, how wonderful wonderful, to have something so sweet to take care of. Your chicks are lucky to have you as their mamma :)
    MJ xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love taking care of other too. And especially if those 'others' turn out to be cute, fluffy and palm sized.
    I love those photos.

    <3
    K

    ps. Would you like to write letters to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful pictures and cute Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my email:
    karigirl_k@hotmail.com

    Send me your adress and I will write you a super long letter.
    Thank you for agreeing to this :) I can't wait :)

    <3
    k

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur blog is so lovely and cute
    i wish i had smethng to take care of



    Pls FOLLOW ME
    http://girlwithafrololo.blogspot.com/
    lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, the chicks really are cute.
    I would love to pet them, to find out if they are as fluffy as they look.
    Hugs,
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet! It is a wonderful gift to be able to nurture another being. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic blog! I'm now following, it's lovely! x

    http://ohchaarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete